View Profile
 

programming, design and blahblah

20061001

A simple web tester (SimpleWebTest v0.0.0.1)

SimpleWebTest (SWT) provides an quick and easy way to build test scripts for verifying multiple pages in a web application or site. The design aims to reduce typing to a mininum (in many cases, the only thing you need to type is the filename in which to save the test script). For many simple web apps or sites, the test script building process should only take 5 to 10 minutes.

The need for my writing such application arised when my web space was wiped clean during an upgrade a week ago (and maybe during my 7-year career writing web applications [grin]). After uploading all my web apps from backups, I was required to perform testing on every single app/page/feature by hand to ensure everything functions correctly. Had I SWT I would only have needed to open a test script and press F5. (:

Watch a demo of test script authoring and execution here [24MB].
Watch a demo of how SWT handles POSTDATA and logins here [9MB].

Digg it!

Download the executable here [97kB] (.NET framework required).

PS: can someone explain to me why the download page looks perfect on first try in IE but looks like utter crap in FireFox?

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger royassaly said...

Nice tool. Very handy. As for the differences, all I can say is that it's in the CSS. No time at the moment to be more specific :)

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Тhis site was... hоw dо you say it? Relevant!
! Fіnally I've found something which helped me. Cheers!

Stop by my blog: AmericasCardRoom Promotions

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Үеs! Finally someonе wгites abοut beanball.



Feel free tο surf to mу pаge - Read Us ()

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I аm regular readeг, how arе yοu
everybоԁу? This piece of writing poѕted at this site is
actually good.

Μy blog Hіgh Stakeѕ Prοmotions ()

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home